> ABDick 360
ABDick 360 Duplicator Printing Unit Set-Up
- Lift safety cover over the ink rollers
- Lower the ink oscillating roller toward the Aquamatic roller so that it contacts the two smaller distributor rollers.
- Remove the Aquamatic oscillating roller from its support bracket and place it in position in the ink system. Make sure the hole in the roller shaft is placed over the drive pin on the non-operating side with the rounded side of the shaft up. The opposite end of the shaft is placed between the guides.
- Move the Aquamatic night latch lever to operating position.
- Move the operational control lever from NIGHT LATCH to NEUTRAL.
- Turn the ink form roller knobs to ON.
- Turn the ink fountain screws al the way to the right; this shuts off the ink supply. Then turn all the screws
AB Dick 360
one-half turn to the left. These screws provide an even flow of ink to the rollers.
- Using cartridge ink and an ink gun, pull the trigger on the gun to dispense ink evenly across the ink fountain. If you are using canned ink, remove a quantity of ink from the can with an ink knife, being careful to keep the surface of the ink in the can level.
- Spread ink in the ink fountain. Using the ink fountain roller knob, rotate the ink fountain roller counterclockwise at least one revolution to carry the ink well down into the ink fountain and coat the roller with ink. Rotate the hand wheel counterclockwise until the ink ductor roller contacts the ink fountain roller. While rotating the ink fountain roller counterclockwise, adjust the ink fountain screws until an even, finely stippled effect is obtained on the ink ductor roller.
- Raise the Aquamatic lock-out latch towards the Aquamatic unit to allow full contact of the ductor roller to the oscillating roller.
- Move the ink fountain control to No. 11 position.
- Move the Aquamatic control to No. 45.
- Make sure all safety covers are closed.
- Raise the motor drive switch to the START position to release.
- Adjust speed. Speed should be adjusted only when the machine is running. The speed control adjusts the running speed from 4,500 to 9,000 copies per hour. We suggest that a beginning offset operator run the machine at Speed 5 until becoming proficient in its operation.
- Allow the machine to run until all rollers are evenly covered with a thin film of ink, including the two in the Aquamatic unit.
- Move ink fountain control to No.1 position.
- Move Aquamatic control operating position (usually No. 20) and lower the Aquamatic lock-out latch.
- Turn motor drive switch OFF.
Always be sure ALL ink rollers, including the two in the Aquamatic unit, are inked before fountain solution is added.
- Fill fountain solution bottle with Fountain Concentrate properly diluted and recap the bottle. Make sure the drain hose is properly secured, close the safety cover and place the filled bottle in position in the Aquamatic unit.
- As soon as the flow of fountain solution from the bottle stops, the ink and water system is in operating order. No running-in- or warm-up time is required.
Resources: UH College of Technology
Incoming search terms for the article:AB Dick 360
, abdick 360
, ab dick 360 manual
, ab dick 360 printing press
, manual abdick 360
, abdick 360 for sale
, abdick manual
, AB-Dick 360
, operating the abdick 360